THANK YOU for booking
You should find all the information you need regarding your class here (including directions and accommodation details in case your coming from a long way away) but if you have any queries please drop me an email or give me a ring
Classes start at 10.30am (unless otherwise stated) and generally finish around 4.30pm. More time is always available if required and everyone can work at their own pace so you don't need to worry about getting left behind. I'll always let the class run longer if required if it means that you get a finished piece that you're happy with.
Food & drink
A buffet lunch will be provided at a suitable time during the class (this is usually once all the messy stuff is over). If you have any specific dietary requirements please let me know. There will always be a veggie option but we may need a bit more notice for gluten free and nut allergies etc.
Talking of allergies...
We have cats! They are very friendly and will be kept out of the way whilst we are working (for obvious reasons) but they may well be lounging around in the living room during the day. Please let me know if you would prefer them to be kept out of the way.
Travelling to the Morbitorium
Our full postal address is 4 Gelli-Unig Place, Pontywaun, Newport, NP11 7GG. If you can't find the house once you're in the neighbourhood, give me a ring on 07851 958109
We are located a few miles north of the M4 (Junction 28). Enter the postcode NP11 7GG into your satnav or use this Google Maps link to get directions.
Your GPS will probably take you straight passed the Morbitorium and onto the hill next to Trinity church. This is fine as there are usually plenty of spaces to park on this stretch of road. Once parked, walk back down the hill and follow the lane towards the main road. We're on the junction of the lane and the main road.
Alternatively, there are usually parking spaces available on the other side of the canal next to the Pontywaun Spiritualist Church.
- Trains run hourly from Cardiff Central to Crosskeys (on the Ebbw Vale line) and generally leave from Platform 0
- The journey takes around 30 minutes and Crosskeys is the 4th stop it makes
- Alight at Crosskeys station
- Take the steps down to the main road and then turn right to go under the railway bridge
- Follow the road (cross at the zebra crossing when you get to it) and continue until you walk over a green pipework bridge (an easy, 5-10 minute walk)
- We're on the other side of the road, right at the start of the lane
Newport people are better off on the bus.
- Stagecoach buses 151 and X15 run direct from Newport almost to my door
- Ask for "Pontywaun Bridge" (the driver will let you know when to get off if you ask them nicely)
- The journey takes about 30 minutes
- Don't forget to say "Cheers drive!" as you get off (it's the law in Wales)
- Cross over the road and head up the slope towards the lane. We're just on the corner
General travel enquiries
Traveline Cymru is a great public transport website that will plan your journey to the Morbitorium from your doorstep
- Use your own postcode as the starting point and NP11 7GG as the end
Thinking of staying over?
If you are travelling from further afield and need somewhere to stay then I'd recommend staying at the Castle Lodge (http://www.castlelodge.wales) which is only a few minutes walk away from us.
- They offer single occupancy rooms, and also have chalets that can accommodate from 3 to 6 people. Perfect if you are coming as part of a group booking.
- In addition to the pub, there is an excellent Thai restaurant (Natee Thong Thai) in the same building. We eat there quite often and can't recommend it enough.
If you would prefer somewhere with a bit more action then Cardiff is probably your best best.